Charity Team Mission Statement
Our mission is to support, to the best of our ability, the charities that ALIG has selected to sponsor. We serve the underprivileged and handicapped in the Muntinlupa area. We do this through financial support, volunteering opportunities, provision of education and awareness, support of livelihood programs and item donations. Our focus this year is education and we want to ensure that the children stay in school long-term with the continuous support of ALIG.
Ways to Support the ALIG Charities
There are three main ways you can help our charities.
- Volunteer: Volunteering can be spending time with children at site visits, reading, tutoring, providing food, visiting an event, helping the charity team by washing towels from FSF visits and lending your car for water refill and delivery to Cataquiz site.
- Financial Support: This could be through sponsoring a child to go to school or simply donating to any program that you want to support personally.
- Donate Items: Donate specific items for our visits to charities, especially clothes since most charities that we visit are in need of clothing. Other opportunities include donating food, building materials, household goods and educational items for use as required. Donating items to the garage sales we hold during the year also helps funds our charities.
We raise funds for our charities through: ALIG Calendar sales, the annual Charity Ball, garage sales, book sales, crockery hire, website sponsorship and raffle and the ‘spare change jar’ at our General Meetings.
- Southside Dumpsite Program (with Birthright Educators Foundation Inc)
- House of Light Program
- Siteo Cataquiz Program
- Cupang Elementary School Program
- Tunasan Program
- Pacita Girls’ Home Program
Please note non-residents of the Philippines can also donate and participate in these programs. Simply contact ALIG.