ALIG Typhoon Relief Team Mission
• Our criteria is to provide direct donations of food, supplies or
medicines to those impacted by Typhoon Yolanda exclusively
through a trusted source with a secure method of transportation
and protected method of direct distribution if we are unable to
distribute directly ourselves.
• We strive in every project to apply the greatest advantage from
the monetary donations we receive by utilizing resources, vendors
and contacts which enable us to make the most of every peso
received, thereby assisting in a way that individuals or donors
abroad would not be able to achieve on their own.
• We are continuing to work to prioritize providing aid to those who
may be receiving little or inconsistent support. This is constantly
being reassessed to make sure we move to rehabilitation support
We focus on involving ALIG members wherever practical.
What have we accomplished so far?
• Thanks to the extremely generous contributions of ALIG, current
and past ALIG members, their employers, and their friends
and family abroad, donations ALIG has received approximately
800,000 php and counting.
• We have hosted two packing relief events where dozens of ALIG
members and their families and friends pitched in to pack donated
goods and those purchased by ALIG with donated funds.
• Sent nearly 2,000 various emergency kits (hygiene, infant and
food) as well as significant supplies of cases of water and food in
two shipments via a Norwegian Training Center vessel. (The first
to Tacloban area, the second to Cebu area)
• Volunteer referrals
• Sent hundreds of donated stuffed animals for traumatized children
to Villamor AFB for evacuees arriving off the plane.
• Purchased and sent a generator for people living in Bohol,
enabling them to provide power to the water pump that, now
running, will soon be giving their community access to clean water.
• Purchased and donated medications and medical supplies for
MANGGYAN Medical Mission organized by volunteer Makati Med
physicians providing their services free of charge.
Current Project Info, with details to come
• We will be announcing plans for working at the Villamoor Air Force
Base to distribute emergency kits and donated goods and aiding
the relief efforts for evacuees arriving to Manila.
• As with all emergency ALIG efforts, this is a member-driven
program. Your support (whether you are donating time, effort,
goods or cash) enables us to continue our activities.
• We are currently evaluating a handful of additional ways to provide
ongoing relief. Please check back for updates soon.
A big thanks for all you are doing from the Typhoon Relief Team:
Maraia, Precilla, Sharon, Ramona, Suzanne & Fawn
(Please don’t forget that ALIG Charities also has ongoing regularly
scheduled charity commitments, which will continue as planned. Your
participation is, as always, welcomed.)