Are you new to Alabang or moving here soon? ALIG is a social group with a heart, we’re truly international and currently comprise of 150 members of 41 nationalities.
We’re ready to welcome and help you quickly settle, make friends, volunteer for our worthy causes, share your talents, hobbies or simply enjoy the best experience as it’s definitely “more fun in the Philippines”!
We have a full day and evening social calendar to suit all tastes.
At ALIG we:
- connect with local communities through our charitable endeavours.
- arrange various day and night social events
- assist members to settle into the community and experience the best of what Manila offers.
What does ALIG offer?
- Monthly Meet Ups are held the fourth Thursday 6 times a year. They are an informal get together of members and non-members featuring interesting guest speakers, vendors and raffles plus include a delicious lunch.
- Morning Mingles occur the 2nd Thursday of most months and that are open to expatriates, local newcomers and existing members and are hosted in Alabang.
- Confidential access to the ALIG Facebook Groups with regular (email) updates on events, opportunities, items for sale and information postings. This also includes the chance to submit your own requests and announcements.
- Day and night social events which cover a wide range of experiences. See all the details on the social aspects of ALIG below.
- Education and learning opportunities as other members and guests share their knowledge of topics ranging from cooking to language and photography to name a few.
- Social groups for members to participate in a variety of sports or other interests such as book clubs and dinner clubs.
- Access to ALIG’s crockery rental.
- The opportunity to join other members to contribute time and talent to some of Alabang’s most deserving charities in a way that you know will ensure that your support and donations go right to the people who need it most.
- Special member discounts for ALIG events.
The Fun of being an ALIG member
As a member of ALIG, you have the opportunity to join a whole range of activities to to see why it is “more fun in the Philippines”. The ALIG team organises regular social events and activities throughout the year. Our socials cater to the diverse interests and needs of our members, so that there’s always something to interest you.
In addition to regular ongoing clubs such as the Book Club, Galloping Gourmet Club and Mabuhay Club (to acquaint newcomers to life in Manila), ALIG organizes regular day and evening socials throughout the year. For example in the last year, a total of 52 day and evening socials were attended by a total of 676 attendees!
Have a look at the diversity of just a sampling of our recent activities:
- Food: high-tea, coffee social, Mexican cooking class, wine & cheese, Nespresso masterclass
- Night out: ladies night, movie night, gin appreciation, wine tasting
- Sports/Dance: bowling, ice skating, badminton, tennis, gold, football world cup, boxing, African dance, salsa lessons
- Wellness: spa, meditation, mani/pedi, aerial yoga, massage, reiki, etc.
- Shopping: Greenhills, Market Market, Fashion Interiors, Marikiña
- Other: leather crafting workshop, Furushiki wrapping, first aid & CPR, healthy eating talk
In addition to day and evening socials, ALIG also organizes larger socials in conjunction with partners such as the German Club for Octoberfest and the Palms Country Club for ethnic dinner nights, among others.
Furthermore, through meeting and networking with other ALIG members, many special interest groups such as baby play groups, mahjong playing group, doggy play dates, business partnerships, etc. are born and flourish, keeping the ALIG community ever more engaging.
Finally, ALIG organizes large scale themed parties through the year culminating in the annual Charity Ball, which in addition to being a glamorous night out, raises money for ALIG’s many charitable endeavors.
So, no matter where your interests lie, you can rest assured that your ALIG membership will show you why it’s “more fun in the Philippines”!
Have a few questions? Contact our Membership Director.