Our aim is to help connect with the local community by serving the underprivileged in the greater Muntinlupa area. We do this through financial support, item donations, volunteering opportunities and livelihood programs support, with long term solutions as our main focus.
Our Charity Initiatives
Fresh Start Friday at Southside Dumpsite
The Fresh Start Friday Program started in 2011. Our program enables some of the most disadvantaged boys and girls from the area to have a refreshing shower, enjoy a hot nutritious meal and play games and sports. For many, this is the highlight of their week. ALIG collects various types of donations throughout the year to hand out during our weekly visits. We invite volunteers to come and join in the program, help entertain the children and experience a different side of the Philippines.
- ALIG provides financial support to purchase food, toiletries and other supplies needed for these children during our weekly visits
- Weekly volunteers visit, assist with feeding and play games with the children
Southville 3A School Sponsorship Program
ALIG’s Education Program has been running since 2012 and was developed in an effort to make a true, lasting difference in our local community. We currently sponsor 191 students from grades 1-10 who attend Southville 3A School. We work closely with the school and contacts from the local communities to find parents who are striving to give their children a better life. When families have proven that their child’s education is a priority by sending them to school for at least a year, they are eligible to apply for sponsorship
- School Supplies & Uniforms: Each child is presented with new shoes, a uniform, PE kit including sports shoes, school supplies and backpacks at the beginning of the school year.
- The ALIG Canteen: We have our own canteen and cook at the school providing each sponsored child with a nutritious, hot lunch every day.
- Transportation: For the children living too far to walk to the school, there is an ALIG sponsored jeepney.
- Program Management: Beyond the purchasing and distribution of all the school supplies and uniforms, and managing the accounts for the ALIG Canteen, we also monitor the children themselves. We track their BMI to check for weight gain/nutrition improvement and monitor their attendance to ensure sponsorship places are given to those that are committed to the program.
ALIG Charity Fundraising
Our charity team is constantly raising funds for all our charities. Through our annual Charity Ball , corporate sponsorship, ALIG garage sales, our ALIG Bazaars, crockery rentals and raffles at our events.
Ways to Support the ALIG Charities
Financial Support: ALIG welcomes your financial donations and everything peso you donate goes directly to support the children. ALIG administration fees are covered by our ALIG membership costs.
Please go to our donations page to learn about our ways to donate.
Volunteer: Volunteering can be spending time with children at site visits, reading, tutoring or attending an event. We need volunteers to support our initiatives including prepping school bags, school uniforms, food hampers and running our garage sales and bazaars. Join us for our weekly Fresh Start Friday program.
Item Donations: We welcome small toiletry items, clothing, food, educational items and household goods. We also hold garage sales at which we can use your clean, sellable household items and clothes to sell and raise money.
In-kind Donations: ALIG receives gift vouchers from local resorts, businesses and other vendors who serve the Philippine community. These items are auctioned off or placed in our event raffles.
Please contact our Director of Charities for information.
To become a sponsor please find information on our SPONSORS page.