The benefits of becoming a member
- The chance to make many new friends with women in Alabang from all around the world.
- Monthly general meetings are held the fourth Thursday nearly every month. They are an informal get together of members and non-members featuring interesting guest speakers, vendors and raffles plus include a delicious lunch.
- Newcomer welcome coffee mornings that are open to expatriates, local newcomers and existing members and hosted in Alabang. All new members receive a welcome pack full of useful information about Alabang and the Philippines.
- Access to ALIG’s blog highlighting interesting articles, general information and photos.
- Confidential access to the ALIG Facebook Groups with regular (email) updates on events, opportunities, items for sale and information postings. This also includes the chance to submit your own requests and announcements.
- An annual copy of the ALIG directory listing members contact details, useful phone numbers for expatriates and other ALIG information.
- Day and night social events which cover a wide range of experiences. Our annual ball, themed parties, happy hours, pot luck lunches, informal get-togethers and dinners are complimented by tourist outings, day trips and shopping excursions to introduce you to new parts and attractions of the Philippines.
- Education and learning opportunities as other members and guests share their knowledge of topics ranging from cooking to language and photography to name a few.
- Social groups for members to participate in a variety of sports or other interests such as book clubs and dinner clubs.
- Access to ALIG’s extensive book and DVD library.
- Access to ALIG’s crockery rental.
- The opportunity to join other members to contribute time and talent to some of Alabang’s most deserving charities in a way that you know will ensure that your support and donations go right to the people who need it most.
- Special member discounts for ALIG events.
How Do You Join ALIG?
If you would like to join ALIG, come to one of our regular newcomer coffee mornings or attend our monthly general meeting. All are hosted locally in Alabang so for dates and further information see our calendar. You will meet new friends, get some news about previous and upcoming events and get know how ALIG work. You will have an oportunitty to get in touch with new members and old ones (some are with us more than 10 years!), ask all your questions and then decide if you want to join us.
Annual Fee: PHP 2500 (ALIG 2018 Membership Application Form)
Pay online with PayPal with a PHP 125 surcharge. This is not a donation despite what the button says. The membership fee is used for administration expenses and does not go to charity.
All memberships are due to be renewed each January and members not renewed by the February Newcomers’ Meeting will lose access to the ALIG Facebook groups.
General Meetings : PHP 850 (including lunch).
Newcomers’ Meeting : Free
What does your membership cover?
Your membership subscription helps cover ALIG’s administration costs, ALIG newcomer welcome packs, printing, publicity materials and web hosting.
Day excursions and socials are additional and usually charged at cost but any profits from these and our fundraisers (annual Charity Ball, garage sales, crockery rental and book/CD sales) go to support our charities. Night socials are usually paid directly by you but have the advantage of ALIG discounts.
Please also ensure at the time of membership renewal that all your contact information is correct for the ALIG Directory.